In Carrefour, Haiti a small home Bible study was started in a room with bare concrete floor and walls. As the group grew it moved from a Bible study to a church service in the alley way just outside the home. The alley became too small and they moved to a bigger alley/street.
Next Haiti trip is March 2017. This will be a small group of men going to assist in setting the roof. The building is 80% completed. There will be a trip in Fall 2017 as well.
- They are moving forward with Christ.
- Meeting in the new building on the first floor.
- Funds are still needed to bring this project to completion. Please mark gifts in offering "Haiti Church or give online.
- Already in unfinished building: 5 Weddings, 21 Baptisms, preparing to add a 2nd service, medical team recently came and did health checks on the congregation.
For more information, contact Newt Kulp (386-837-1315).
History of the Congregation
- Started in an alley under a tarp
- Moved to present site which was plagued by water run-off in heavy rains
- 2012 about 250 attendees
- 2013 about 275 attendees
- 2014 about 325 attendees
- 2015 350+ attending services
- 2015 400+ attending services
The decision was made by the Haitian church's leadership that it was time to procure property on which they could build a church. They raised money toward the purchase of the property and lease the adjacent property for use as the new church's permanent structure is being built.
The challenges for the people of Haiti are many and very serious. The DAC missions team has recognized the great needs and seen some inspirational efforts by both the leaders and the membership of the church in Haiti. As a result of those observations our missions team has responded by coming along side them to assist in the development of Christ's church in Carrefour.
Many organizations go to places like Haiti and try various projects that end up withering away. Our missions team believes that one reason for such disappointing results has been that they have not worked directly with the people they are trying to help. Our teams work directly with the people who will benefit from the project. The project goals have been defined by the leadership of the local church in Carrefour in reposnse to their prayers for the Lord's leading. We are simply fulfilling Christ's commands to love our Haitian neighbors (Mark 12:31) and let our light so shine that they glorify our Father in Heaven. (Matthew 5:16)
- Raised enough funds for their share of the cost of the land
- 30-40 men and woman help with the construction of the security walls and storage building
- Raised a share of the money to pay for the materials of the above
- Completely financed the move to the neighboring lot so construction could start on the new building (75 by 50 meter cement slab and roof)
- Provided labor along side the Haitians to build the walls, security building and foundation
- Directed Vacation Bible School type programs for the Children
- Made clothing and provided personal care items for the children
- Donated many hand tools which helped the men get jobs to support their families and the church
- Provided spiritual programs for the adults in the evenings and Sunday mornings
- Provided funds to buy additional construction materials
What Can You Do To Help This Haitian Congregation Fulfill Their Dream?
- Donate Money To Buy Materials
- Help Raise Funds to Buy Materials
- Help to Develop Bible School Materials
- Help Make Additional Clothing for the Children
- Be Part of A Team That Visits Haiti To:
- Provide Labor to Build the Church
- Help With Children’s Bible School
- Provide Spiritual Enrichment
- Pray for Them To Continue Their Growth and Complete Their Building
Artist Rendering of Proposed Church