All of us have been eager to resume in-person Sunday worship. Our Elders and Board of Ministries have had two lengthy meetings this week and have exhibited conscientious Christian leadership in assessing all issues regarding resumption of in-person Sunday services. Consequently, we will re-engage in-person worship on Sunday morning, June 14. The DeLand service will be at 9:51 a.m. and the Deltona service at 10:51 a.m.
To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven. (Ecclesiastes 3:1 NKJV)
Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety.
(Proverbs 11:14 NKJV)
Based on your responses to our recent online survey our attendance numbers should be in cooperation with Governor DeSantis’ Florida phase two capacity recommendations. Be sure to note: initially we will not have the 8:31 a.m. Deltona service, but will add it as attendance increases. As our previous survey email indicated appropriate protocols would be in place. We are thankful for the hours of work by our Safety Task Force, Pastors and Church Staff, Elders, and Board of Ministries in making plans to help us stay healthy together.
Those plans are summarized as follows:
“in humility consider others as more important than yourselves.” (Philippians 2:3 HCSB)
What We Are (church staff) Doing:
· Wear masks except when ministering from platform
· Providing hand sanitizing stations
· Sanitize pews, doors, bathrooms after services
· Turn off water fountains
· Limit the necessity of passing anything hand to hand
· Assisting with anything else you may need to worship together and stay healthy
How You (church family) Can Help:
· Prepare for and enjoy sitting close to your immediate household* and otherwise at six foot intervals from others with assistance from our ushers
· If you are not feeling well please join us online
· We encourage everyone over 65 or with pre-existing, compromising conditions to join us online
· We request you to also wear a mask and one will be available if needed
· Please wash your hands and use the hand sanitizer stations
· Please observe six feet social distancing with anyone outside your household which regrettably makes handshakes or hugs impracticable
· Be available to volunteer to help with cleaning or other exceptional needs
Children’s ministries and nursery will be restarted at a later date so worship will be intergenerational.
Sunday morning Life Groups for all ages (Sunday School both Campuses) will reconvene in August. All other Life Group leaders will receive an email to contact a specific pastor to discuss plans for your ministries within the next week.
Let’s remember, it's not about you, it's not about me, it's about others and Christ as we move forward with Him healthy together.